Go New Forest (GNF) is a “not for profit” Community Interest Company which manages and develops tourism in the New Forest.
GNF has 200 business members servicing all sectors of the local visitor economy and works in close partnership with New Forest District Council, New Forest National Park Authority and Forestry England.
The recent re-opening of our high streets and hospitality industry has proved so successful there has been a big increase in demand for staff.
GNF is therefore hosting its first ever Jobs Fayre at Balmer Lawn Hotel, Brockenhurst to promote both vacancies and recruit interested people for future careers in the tourism and local visitor economy.
At the event, GNF hotel, pub, restaurant, attraction and holiday park member businesses will showcase their current job vacancies creating the ideal occasion to find out what tourism career opportunities are available locally.
The Jobs Fayre will also demonstrate why working in the visitor economy of such a special destination has so many additional benefits.
The advantages of visiting the Jobs Fayre include:
- Learning about business – each business has its own personal story to tell. Find out about the culture of each, their values and how a job with any of them contributes to mutual benefit.
- Real life – the chance to meet employees from each business and ask them the questions that matter to you; What is it that they love about their job? What makes them stay? How did the business look after them during the pandemic?
- Vacancies – learn about job opportunities and career development, ranging from entry level roles right up to top management
- Pay – find out which role pays which salary
- Work perks – from pensions, to staff discounts and long service awards to birthday treats, learn what additional benefits are on offer
- Personal growth – from apprenticeships to degrees, the range of long-term career training and development options can be compared alongside current vacancies
- Informal – the relaxed setting means businesses will have the time to chat informally to you about your personal goals and how these might align with the business while still nurturing your own skills and interests.
- Fun – tourism and hospitality is an enjoyable, vocational career because it’s about helping people have fun in different settings. The informal nature of the Jobs Fayre, will make it easier for you to enjoy meeting new people whilst learning about your potential future prospects.
Registration is required via the link below but visitors are able to attend at any time between 12 Noon and 8pm without a specific timed appointment.