Netley Marsh is a small village in the New Forest. Close to Southampton and the M27, yet the village is very rural in character.
Our next Parish Council meeting is 15 September 2021 – Due to the continuing Covid-19 restrictions this may be held at St Matthews Church Hall starting with planning at 7.30 pm and the main meeting to follow immediately after. Residents are welcome to attend this meeting but numbers may be limited, for further details please contact the Clerk.
- The annual accounts, notice of public rights to examine these and the list of expenditure over £100.00 are now available on this website under finance
- To see your local footpaths use this link – path numbers will come up when you click on a path which makes it easy to report a problem
- A336 Ringwood Road/Southampton Road 7.5 tonne Weight Limit Proposal: Netley Marsh Parish Council agreed at the March 2021 meeting to support a proposal to ask Hampshire County Council to impose a 7.5 tonne vehicle weight limit on the A336. This would be from the Cadnam Roundabout to the A326 Totton Bypass roundabout. This is also supported by Copythorne Parish Council. The requested weight limit would not affect those vehicles over 7.5 tonnes that need to use this route to access local businesses within the immediate area. The aim is to deter other large vehicles using the A336 as an alternative route to using the M27 and the A326. The proposal has now been sent to Hampshire County Council and if you would like to comments please email email@example.com quoting reference 18001229 / A336 Weight Limit Proposal.
Our Play Area Is Open
- Please follow the guidance on the notices as you enter. From the 5.1.21 the outdoor gym is closed to comply with Covid 19 government guidelines.
- The new zip wire is now installed on the recreation field Woodlands Road.
- Please remember Dogs are NOT ALLOWED on the Recreation Ground.
- Do remember there is Defibrillator at the Community Hall
- Hampshire County Council is rolling out superfast broadband across the region. It enables people to get internet speeds of 24Megabits per second or more – making streaming TV, working from home, online banking and shopping, and gaming a lot easier – to name just some of the benefits. To find out if you’re included in the rollout you can use this postcode checker on the Hampshire Superfast Broadband website and register to be told when it’s available in your area at: www.hampshiresuperfastbroadband.com/myparish/
- Speedwatch: PCSO Richard Williams would be pleased to hear from volunteers who would be interested in training to become speedwatch volunteers to monitor traffic speed in the Parish. Please contact Richard by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07554 775 469
- Pot Holes: Once a pot hole is reported to the County Council, any damage resulting from it can be the subject of a compensation claim. To report pot holes go to http://roadenquiries.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems/highwaydefect/pothole.aspx
- Speeding: The council is currently working with NFDC and HCC to improve the ongoing speeding problem along Ringwood Road. Residents are able to contact HCC directly with any concerns via: www.hants.gov.uk/transport/roadsafety/makingroadssafer
- Footpath 5, Loperwood to Loperwood Lane.
The Parish Council is applying for this footpath to be upgraded to a bridleway. Your views on this should be sent to the Clerk to the Parish Council, email@example.com
- Have you an empty house? If so please see http://www.newforest.gov.uk/emptyhomes
Local resident Catherine Chatters, who works for Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust as the New Forest Non-Native Plants Officer, has been awarded a British Empire Medal (BEM) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2021 for ‘Services to Biosecurity’, which, in practice, means stopping the spread of invasive non-native species.
Agendas & Minutes
Latest Documents and archive of Minutes from 2019 – present.
All are in PDF format and some older documents may not be accessible
Details of our Parish Councillors, how to contact them by telephone, mobile and email. Appointments to outside bodies are listed
Meeting dates are listed here including the date for the Annual Parish Meeting. Due to Government guidelines we are using Zoom.
Listed on this page are policies and procedures that the Council abide by. They are regularly reviewed to reflect the current situation
Netley Marsh Parish Council Village Flood Plan
This document is to assist Netley Marsh Parish Council and people living in the catchment area of Netley Marsh Parish Council in preparing and responding to a flooding event in their area.
Halls and Parish Owned Land
- Netley Marsh / Woodlands Community Hall
- St Matthews Church Hall
- Bartley Village Hall
- Recreation Ground
- War Memorial
Parish Magazine The Outlook
There are currently Outlook rounds where new deliverers are needed – we would be very grateful if someone local would volunteer to deliver in the future. It is just 3 times a year, the copies are delivered to your home.
Please contact Cllr Jackie Shaw
Tel: 023 8081 3117
Volunteers are needed to put the Parish Plan into action. If you would be prepared to help with this please contact the Clerk – Mobile: 07732 185 636