Netley Marsh is a small village in the New Forest. Close to Southampton and the M27, yet the village is very rural in character.
Our next Parish Council meeting is 5 May 2021 – 6pm – This will be a virtual meeting. Should any members of the parish wish to join us online please contact the clerk for further details.
- The annual accounts, notice of public rights to examine these and the list of expenditure over £100.00 are now available on this website under finance
- To see your local footpaths use this link – path numbers will come up when you click on a path which makes it easy to report a problem
Our Play Area Is Open
- Please follow the guidance on the notices as you enter. From the 5.1.21 the outdoor gym is closed to comply with Covid 19 government guidelines.
- The new zip wire is now installed on the recreation field Woodlands Road.
- Please remember Dogs are NOT ALLOWED on the Recreation Ground.
- Do remember there is Defibrillator at the Community Hall
- Hampshire County Council is rolling out superfast broadband across the region. It enables people to get internet speeds of 24Megabits per second or more – making streaming TV, working from home, online banking and shopping, and gaming a lot easier – to name just some of the benefits. To find out if you’re included in the rollout you can use this postcode checker on the Hampshire Superfast Broadband website and register to be told when it’s available in your area at: www.hampshiresuperfastbroadband.com/myparish/
- Speedwatch: PCSO Richard Williams would be pleased to hear from volunteers who would be interested in training to become speedwatch volunteers to monitor traffic speed in the Parish. Please contact Richard by email email@example.com or phone 07554 775 469
- Pot Holes: Once a pot hole is reported to the County Council, any damage resulting from it can be the subject of a compensation claim. To report pot holes go to http://roadenquiries.hants.gov.uk/roadproblems/highwaydefect/pothole.aspx
- Speeding: The council is currently working with NFDC and HCC to improve the ongoing speeding problem along Ringwood Road. Residents are able to contact HCC directly with any concerns via: www.hants.gov.uk/transport/roadsafety/makingroadssafer
- Footpath 5, Loperwood to Loperwood Lane.
The Parish Council is applying for this footpath to be upgraded to a bridleway. Your views on this should be sent to the Clerk to the Parish Council, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you an empty house? If so please see http://www.newforest.gov.uk/emptyhomes
If you need some help or can help others during the Coronavirus pandemic there are various facebook isolation groups set up in and around our area.
One is called Isolation Group Copythorne, Cadnam, Bartley, Newbridge, Winsor. The other group is Totton Isolation Group.
Agendas & Minutes
Latest Documents and archive of Minutes from 2019 – present.
All are in PDF format and some older documents may not be accessible
Details of our Parish Councillors, how to contact them by telephone, mobile and email. Appointments to outside bodies are listed
Meeting dates are listed here including the date for the Annual Parish Meeting. Due to Government guidelines we are using Zoom.
Listed on this page are policies and procedures that the Council abide by. They are regularly reviewed to reflect the current situation
Netley Marsh Parish Council Village Flood Plan
This document is to assist Netley Marsh Parish Council and people living in the catchment area of Netley Marsh Parish Council in preparing and responding to a flooding event in their area.
Halls and Parish Owned Land
- Netley Marsh / Woodlands Community Hall
- St Matthews Church Hall
- Bartley Village Hall
- Recreation Ground
- War Memorial
Parish Magazine The Outlook
There are currently Outlook rounds where new deliverers are needed – we would be very grateful if someone local would volunteer to deliver in the future. It is just 3 times a year, the copies are delivered to your home.
Please contact Cllr Jackie Shaw
Tel: 023 8081 3117
Volunteers are needed to put the Parish Plan into action. If you would be prepared to help with this please contact the Clerk – Mobile: 07732 185 636